DENVER, CO – (14 June, 2017) – Pure Energy Minerals Limited (TSX VENTURE: PE) (FRANKFURT: A111EG) (OTCQB: PEMIF) (the “Company” or “Pure Energy”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Paul Zink as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), effective June 15, 2017.
Mr. Zink is a mining industry professional with more than 35 years experience in project finance, financial analysis, strategic planning, royalties, mergers and acquisitions, and business development. He has held senior management positions at International Royalty Corporation, Rare Element Resources Ltd., Eurasian Minerals Inc., Pegasus Gold Inc., and Koch Industries Inc. Earlier in his career, Mr. Zink spent more than 15 years with J.P. Morgan & Company Inc. in corporate and investment banking roles covering the minerals and energy sectors. Mr. Zink is currently a director of Timberline Resources Corporation and has previously held directorships with Atna Resources Ltd., Rare Element Resources Ltd., and International Royalty Corporation.
Mr. Zink earned a B.A. with highest scholastic honors in Economics and International Relations from Lehigh University.
Pure Energy also announces that Mr. John Jardine has resigned as Chief Financial Officer of the Company, effective June 14, 2017. Mr. Jardine has served ably as CFO of Pure Energy since September 2011. The Pure Energy board of directors expressed its gratitude for Mr. Jardine’s service and extended its best wishes to him as he enters retirement.
Pure Energy CEO, Patrick Highsmith, commented about the new CFO, “Paul Zink brings full-spectrum finance expertise to Pure Energy. We are thrilled to have Paul join the team as the Company progresses the newly expanded Clayton Valley Project through its initial economic studies and onward towards production. Paul has been working on some of our financial modeling and strategic planning in a consulting capacity, so he is already familiar with the projects and the team. We look forward to seeing immediate value added from his deep finance and management experience.”
About Pure Energy Minerals Limited
Pure Energy is a lithium resource developer that is driven to become a low-cost supplier for the growing lithium battery industry. The Company’s current focus is on the development of the Clayton Valley (CV) Project and the adjoining Glory Lithium Clay Project in Clayton Valley, Nevada. Pure Energy also recently acquired a purchase option on a major new lithium brine project in the Lithium Triangle of South America, the Terra Cotta Project (“TCP”). The TCP is located on Pocitos Salar in Salta, Argentina, where it enjoys some of the best infrastructure and access of any lithium brine exploration project in Argentina.
Pure Energy has developed core strengths in innovative development and processing technologies for lithium brines and lithium mineral deposits. Key attributes and activities include:
- A large, strategic land position with excellent infrastructure in a first-class mining jurisdiction: approximately 10,700 hectares (26,000 acres) in Clayton Valley, Esmeralda County, Nevada, located a 3-hour drive from the Gigafactory;
- The only lithium brine resource in North America except for Albemarle’s adjoining Silver Peak lithium brine mine, which is the only producing lithium operation in North America;
- An inferred mineral resource containing approximately 816,000 metric tonnes of Lithium Carbonate Equivalent (LCE) at an average grade of approximately 102 mg/L lithium, reported in accordance with NI 43-101 (see July 2015 Inferred Resource Report);
- An advanced program of testing the efficacy and economics of modern, environmentally-responsible processing technologies to convert the CV brines into high purity lithium products for new energy storage uses;
- A new early stage exploration program on the 13,000-hectare (32,000 acre) Terra Cotta Project (TCP), located on Pocitos Salar in Salta Province; and
- An active business development program, applying Company expertise to the evaluation of new lithium targets around the world.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Chief Executive Officer
Pure Energy Minerals Limited (www.pureenergyminerals.com)
Telephone – 604 608 6611, ext 5
Forward Looking Statements: The information in this news release contains forward looking statements that are subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in our forward looking statements. Factors that could cause such differences include: changes in world commodity markets, equity markets, costs and supply of materials relevant to the mining industry, change in government and changes to regulations affecting the mining industry. Forward-looking statements in this release include statements regarding: future issuances of securities; future payments under the Option Agreement; the preparation and delivery of a feasibility study; and the benefits of the Acquisition, the Investment and the transactions contemplated by the Option Agreement. Although we believe the expectations reflected in our forward looking statements are reasonable, results may vary, and we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.